Sights in Predazzo, Cavalese, Tesero, Castello – Molina di Fiemme, Anterivo, Capriana, Valfloriana, Carano, Daiano, Varena, Panchià, Ziano di Fiemme
Noteworthy natural landmarks, cultural monuments and further attractions in the holiday region!
The Paneveggio Nature Park with its fairy-tale spruce forests, the Magnifica Comunità Generale Pinakothek museum in Fiemme, the Geological Museum of the Dolomites in Predazzo, as well as numerous stunning churches and chapels: Val di Fiemme has much to offer in terms of sights and trip destinations for families, nature lovers and culture enthusiasts.
The museum Pinakothek Magnifica Comunità Generale di Fiemme in Cavalese displays the most important documents of the municipality, original and old copies of the first local laws, family documents and old regional tools. You can also admire several paintings by the Fiemme school of painters here. The picture gallery and assembly room are located in the former bishops’ apartment rooms in the palace.
The Paneveggio Nature Park in Trentino includes the peaks of the Pale di San Martino, the eastern section of the Lagorai group and the fairy-tale Paneveggio forest. The 2,700-acre woodland is also known as the "Foresta dei Violini" (violin forest), as Stradivari and other famous violin makers used the wood from the spruce there to build their world famous violins.
The “Terra Foresta” Visitor Centre is located on the road from Predazzo to Passo Rolle. Nearby there is a nature trail with signposted observation posts and an extensive game reserve.
The Geological Museum of the Dolomites in Predazzo, which specialises in the geology of the region, was founded in 1899 as a public museum by the towns of Fiemme and Fassa to highlight the geological-scientific heritage of the local area and to promote scientific understanding in this field. Today, the collection includes a rich selection of paleontological finds and numerous minerals. Since 2011, the museum is the regional centre for the Science Museum of Trento (MUSE).
The Chapel of St. Rocco in Tesero stands next to the Parish Church of St. Eliseo and dates back to 1528. It is in the late Gothic style and the facade shows an interesting fresco named “Cristo della Domenica”, Christ of Sunday. Inside, a decorated chancel and a carved, painted wooden altar can be seen.
Church and Bell Tower of Saints Sebastiano and Fabiano in Cavelese: Close to the Magnifica Comunità Palace stands the four-sided structure of the San Sebastiano bell tower that dominates the entire village. A clock face with large, golden, pointed hands can be seen on each side.
The Parish Church in Capriana was dedicated to the saints Bortolomeo and Lazzaro in 1216. After two fires, the tower was rebuilt in 1865 and considerably extended. Inside, there is a valuable altar piece of the Resurrection of St. Lazarus, unfortunately the name of the artist remains unknown to this day.
The Val di Fiemme Cheese Dairy is located in Cavalese. Once a week, guided tours take place in the show dairy followed by a tasting of the delicious cheeses on offer.